The online platforms Chatroulette and Omegle are popular where users from different countries communicate in real time. But communication in video mode is not always successful.
A chat-roulette can give both interesting friends and nasty people, who you want to forget as soon as possible. To avoid unpleasant situations, you should learn the main rules of communication in an online chat.
Respectful attitude and control of humor
In the Chatroulette and Omegle services, the interlocutors are selected randomly. You cannot know for sure who will be next in line. Therefore, when you talk to a random user, it is worth asking some ordinary questions.
Here works the following analogy: communication in a chat is an ordinary date, but in the Internet. Therefore, as in the usual meeting, it is worth clarifying the general topics for conversation.
Insulting is not allowed
The network has a lot of people who use the anonymity of video chats and offend other users. It is worth stopping insulting other people, if you want to communicate successfully. Do not:
– the use of profanity;
– broadcast advertising content;
– insults on national, racial or religious grounds;
– voicing obscene thoughts that have sexual connotations.
Greeting is the key to successful conversation
The first impression plays a great role in the formation of relationships. Therefore, the main thing is to introduce myself. There are three main greeting options that are popular in online chats:
– Classic. ‘Hello’ is absolutely universal. This welcome gesture is unlikely to impress the other person, but this option is a win-win.
– Original. A creative greeting in the form of a good joke is a good idea, but only if it is sincerely. This is quite a risky method, but the interlocutors with a sense of humor surely will be interested in you.
– Combining two options. You can gently start a conversation with a classic greeting, and then surprise your partner with an unusual story. This method is difficult to implement, but some users often use it.
Chatroulette and Omegle are platforms for pleasant communication, it is not a psychotherapist’s office. Do not tell suffering stories, which leave an unpleasant impression of a person. It is worth remembering this.
Take into account that positive people always attract a lot of people. It is necessary to follow these rules, or just not to get in touch with random interlocutors.